Not every new student coming to NC State comes in with the same level of knowledge about NC State Athletics. Some have been lifelong fans, others may have only seen a handful of events or none at all. Whichever camp you fall into, we wanted to make sure you knew at least one name on every NC…

On Thursday afternoon, the ACC “suspended all athletic related activities including competition, formal and organized practice, recruiting and participation in NCAA championships until further notice. The decision was made following consultation with the league’s presidents and athletic directors to mitigate the further spread of COVID-19.” 

The NC State Wolfpack Indoor Track and Field team will be heading to Lubbock, Texas this Friday and Saturday to compete in the Texas Tech Invitational. The Pack will be going head to head against other NCAA schools such as Texas Tech, Baylor, Florida State, Boise State, Miami, Ohio State, Tennessee, North Carolina and many more.

NC State sent seven athletes to the NCAA Track and Field Championships in Austin, Texas, and almost half came back with All-America honors. Junior sprinter Cravont Charleston, senior distance runner Nell Crosby and redshirt freshman distance runner Ian Shanklin all made second-team All-American honors with top-15 finishes in their respective events.

The NC State track and field team wrapped up competition at the NCAA East Preliminary in Jacksonville, Florida this past week with four individual members of the Wolfpack and one relay team qualifying for the NCAA Championships.