Kevin Keatts

Head coach Kevin Keatts acknowledges a play as Devon Daniels, Markell Johnson, and Torin Dorn celebrate a three point basket. The team shot nearly 50 percent from three during the 100-67 win over Western Carolina on Wednesday, Dec. 5 in Reynolds Coliseum.

NC State men’s basketball head coach Kevin Keatts has been given a contract extension through the 2025-26 season. His original contract had the coach at NC State until the 2023-24 season.

"NC State has become home for my family and I, we're grateful to Chancellor Woodson and Director of Athletics Boo Corrigan for their commitment and the opportunity to continue to lead the Wolfpack," Keatts said in a statement from NC State Athletics. "I look forward to building on the foundation we've created, and to leading NC State for many years to come."

First reported by The News and Observer’s Joe Giglio, the new contract is financially consistent with the one the coach signed in 2018, so the new one is simply for added time. The 2018 contract saw the coach receive a raise which brought his salary to 2.7 million dollars annually.

"Coach Keatts has proven to be a tremendous leader for NC State, he brings stability and consistency to our program and does it the right way," said Corrigan. "His teams compete night in and night out with a toughness that is representative of what makes NC State special. This extension reflects our gratitude and commitment to Kevin and his family."

Since Keatts took over in 2017, the program has had a record of 45-24 and a 20-16 record in ACC play.

The coach has become a fan favorite on campus with many uttering the name common phrase, “Kevin Keatts is a winner”. The biggest of those winning moments came in the coach’s first season as his team knocked off the No. 2-ranked Duke Blue Devils in PNC Arena.

The opening game of the 2019 season for men’s basketball will be on Oct. 27 in an exhibition against Mount Olive in PNC Arena.