MBBvsHarvard Funderburk Throws a Pass

Redshirt sophomore forward DJ Funderburk throws the ball to a teammate against Harvard on Sunday March 24, in Reynolds Coliseum during the NIT. Funderburk shot 2-4 from the field and totaled seven points. The Wolfpack beat Harvard 78-77 to advance to the second round of the NIT.

NC State men’s basketball junior forward DJ Funderburk was suspended by the team on Sept. 30. According to The News & Observer, Funderburk has been charged with larceny property damage that stemmed from a parking incident at Coliseum Parking Deck on Sept. 25.

After receiving multiple parking tickets, Funderburk’s car had four boots placed on it.  According to The N&O’s sports writer Joe Giglio, prior to driving away on Sept. 25, Funderburk damaged two boots and started driving with the other two on his car, causing a total of $330 worth of property damages.

The damages came from $70 for each boot and $50 worth of damage to the concrete as he drove away. Per Giglio, Funderburk was referred to the NC State office of student conduct and hasn’t been able to work out or practice with the team. 

“He’s got some benchmarks that I want him to meet to be able to join the team,” said head coach Kevin Keatts at NC State men’s basketball media day on Oct. 3. “And when it happens, he’ll be a part of it. If he doesn’t, he won't.”

In the 2018-19 season, Funderburk played in all 36 games, averaging 8.8 points per game and 4.2 rebounds per game in almost 20 minutes per game.