Carter-Finley Stadium

Over 56,000 fans decked in black and white watch the Wolfpack come away with a 24-13 win over James Madison on Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018 in Carter-Finley Stadium.

In a unanimous vote on Wednesday afternoon, the NC State Board of Trustees voted to allow the sale of beer and wine at sporting events, starting in fall. 

According to a statement released by the university, “The NC State University Board of Trustees today approved revisions to the university's alcohol policies allowing for the sale of beer and wine at athletic venues. Although there are many details to be worked out in the next few weeks, sales could begin as early as the football home opener on August 31. NC State’s priority remains providing a safe, positive experience for all fans.”

The sale of beer and wine at football and basketball games was restricted in previous seasons to the suites, but the vote opens up the ability for them to be sold throughout the stadium.

Not only will the decision dramatically impact the Carter-Finley experience on gamedays that are just over a month away, but also PNC Arena when basketball gets underway in the winter.

The vote comes after North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper signed House Bill 398 into law on June 26, which allowed the sale of beer and wine at college events in the state.