Women's Golf Graphic

The NC State women’s golf team finished in ninth place out of 18 teams in its final tournament of the fall at The Landfall Tradition in Wilmington at the Country Club of Landfall Oct. 25-27 with a score of 18 over par.

The Wolfpack tied its best finish of the season with the ninth-place finish, as it finished ninth earlier this year at the GolfWeek Conference Challenge in Colorado. 

NC State finished ahead of fellow ACC opponents North Carolina and Virginia, while South Carolina took home first place with a score of 7 under par. Priscilla Schmid from Indiana won the individual tournament with a score of 7 under par.

Leading the way for NC State was sophomore Lea Klimentova who finished tied for 13th with a score of 1 over par. After starting the first two rounds with a 72 and a 70, Klimentova struggled, posting a 75 and dropping seven spots on Sunday.

Senior Mim Sangkapong, who finished tied for 26th with a score of 3 over par, was the second-highest finisher for NC State. Sangkapong’s best round of the weekend was on Friday with a score of 72.

Junior Monika Hartl wasn't far behind Sangkapong, finishing tied for 34th with a score of 5 over par. Hartl moved up 13 positions on Sunday shooting 71, which was her best round of the weekend. 

Next on the leaderboard for the Wolfpack was freshman Pilar Berchot, who finished tied for 73rd with a score of 15 over par. Berchot’s score progressively improved each round, shooting 78, 77 and 76. 

Rounding out the scores for NC State was freshman Natalie Armbruester finishing 82nd with a score of 17 over par. After shooting 72 on Friday, Armbruester was not able to continue her solid play, as she shot 80 and 81 on the weekend.

The Wolfpack will return to action Feb. 2-4 to begin its spring season at Eagle Creek Golf Club in Orlando, Florida for the UCF Challenge.

Staff Writer

I’m Will Thornhill, a staff writer for the Technician’s sports department since March of 2019. I am in the class of 2022 at NC State, with a double-major in Sport Management and Communication Media.