Nick Reenan Wrestles UNC-CH

Nick Reenan, a redshirt sophomore in the 184-pound weight class, wrestles UNC-Chapel Hill redshirt senior Chip Ness on Friday, Feb. 15, 2019 in Carmichael Arena. The Wolfpack beat the Tar Heels 20-14.

The NC State wrestling team will travel to Blacksburg, Virginia this weekend to square off against the Virginia Tech Hokies in its final meet of the regular season. The No. 10 Pack (15-3, 3-1 ACC) is coming off a big rivalry victory over the UNC-Chapel Hill Tar Heels this past Friday with a score of 20-14.

The Hokies (9-4, 3-1 ACC) come into the match ranked No. 14 in the country, coming off a dominating 30-6 win over their rival Virginia.

Here are some of the potential big matchups we could see in the meet:

Hayden Hidlay

Redshirt sophomore Hayden Hidlay comes into the match ranked No. 4 in the 157-pound weight class with a 17-2 record. In his last match, he picked up an 18-6 decision and earned a bonus point for the Pack. He will potentially match up against B.C. LaPrade, who is 14-7 on the year with three major decisions.

Nick Reenan

Redshirt sophomore Nick Reenan enters Friday as the third-ranked wrestler in the 184-pound weight class. Reenan boasts a 12-2 record on the season overall and is 2-1 in ACC competition. He’ll have a very difficult match this weekend against the fifth-ranked Zack Zavatsky. Both wrestlers are coming off wins this past weekend. Zavatsky comes in with a 21-3 record and six major decisions.

Justin Oliver

Graduate Justin Oliver has been a stellar performer in the 149-pound weight class over the years as a three-time NCAA Qualifier. The Central Michigan transfer enters the match against Virginia Tech with a 14-4 record this season and four major decisions. He will be looking to rebound this weekend after a tough loss last week at Chapel Hill.

Oliver will be matching up against the Hokies’ Ryan Blees, who has had a more difficult senior season compared to his past two, where he qualified for the NCAA tournament twice. However, he is coming off a win this past weekend.

Daniel Bullard

In the 174-pound weight class, redshirt sophomore Daniel Bullard ranks No. 23 in the country going into the final match of the regular season. Bullard was an NCAA qualifier in 2018 and has a 17-7 record on the season, going 2-2 in ACC matches thus far. He looks to match up against No. 7 David McFadden, who’s posted an impressive 15-2 record on the season and is 4-0 in conference. McFadden has been a top-three wrestler for the Hokies throughout the year.

The match is set to begin at 7:00 p.m. this Friday at Virginia Tech and can be seen live on ACC Network Extra.