Reynolds Coliseum Logo

After renovation, the new court on Reynolds Coliseum features a large Mr. Wuf at center court and a brand new score board along with new courtside seats. Reynolds, which will now hold just over 5000 fans for games, or around 6000 for concerts. 

Updated March 12, 2020 at 4:40 p.m.

Just over an hour after the ACC announced it was suspending all athletics related activities until further notice, the NCAA released a statement saying that all remaining winter and spring NCAA championships were canceled. 

The releases stated the reasoning for the decision “is based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat, our ability to ensure the events do not contribute to spread of the pandemic, and the impracticality of hosting such events at any time during this academic year given ongoing decisions by other entities.”

On Thursday afternoon, the ACC “suspended all athletic related activities including competition, formal and organized practice, recruiting and participation in NCAA championships until further notice. The decision was made following consultation with the league’s presidents and athletic directors to mitigate the further spread of COVID-19.” 

The statement came as a Twitter thread from the ACC’s official Twitter account and included this statement from ACC Commissioner John Swofford:

“This is uncharted territory and the health and safety of our student-athletes and institutions remains our top priority. This decision is aimed to protect from the further spread of COVID-19.” 

The announcement comes just hours after NC State Athletics announced attendance at home athletic events would be limited to essential personnel, student-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, credentialed media, broadcast partners, and limited family members and guests according to a press release.

"We are committed to following the leadership and direction of our campus, and taking the measures we feel are responsible given all of the information available to us," said NC State Director of Athletics Boo Corrigan in the press release.

The first event impacted by this change was the men’s basketball ACC Tournament. This weekend, the list of NC State sports that are now canceled includes: baseball’s weekend series against Boston College beginning on Friday, the men’s tennis Friday doubleheader against Boston College and UNC-Greensboro, softball’s trip to Virginia Tech and rifle’s NCAA championships. 

This is an evolving situation and information is subject to change as new developments occur.

Assistant Sports Editor

I'm Nicholas Schnittker, one of the two assistant sports editors for Technician. I'm in the class of 2022 and am currently majoring in communication and minoring in journalism. I have been at Technician since August 2018 and an editor since May 2019.

Sports Editor

I'm Camden Speight, the sports editor at Technician. I'm in the NC State Class of 2021 majoring in Business Administration and minoring in Economics. I have been at Technician since January of 2018.