Women's Golf Graphic

The NC State women’s golf team finished tied for 16th out of 17 teams at the Ruth’s Chris Tar Heel Invitational at Finley Golf Course in Chapel Hill, with a score of 32 over par.

Despite the struggle, NC State posted its best round of the weekend on Sunday with a score of 6 over par, to leave Chapel Hill with something positive.

Sophomore Lea Klimentova and freshman Inja Fric both finished tied for 57th with scores of 7 over par to lead the Wolfpack. Klimentova after shooting 78 and 76 in the first two rounds, ended the weekend strong with a score of 69.

Junior Monika Hartl was next for NC State, finishing tied for 70th with a score of 9 over par.

Freshman Natalie Armbruester was tied for 89th with a score of 13 over par. Ambreuster also finished strong on Sunday, with a score of 72.

To round out the NC State top five, senior Mim Sangkapong finished 94th with a score of 19 over par.

Michigan State took home first place with a score of 12 under par, while Michigan State’s own Valery Plata, finished first place in the individual tournament.

NC State will finish its fall season Oct. 25-27 at the Landfall Tradition tournament hosted by UNC-Wilmington at the Country Club of Landfall in Wilmington.

Staff Writer

I’m Will Thornhill, a staff writer for the Technician’s sports department since March of 2019. I am in the class of 2022 at NC State, with a double-major in Sport Management and Communication Media.