N.C. State XC Koon and Clairmonte

For the third-straight season, the NC State women’s cross country team finished in the top-10 at the NCAA Championships, placing in eighth at the national meet in Louisville, Kentucky. The Wolfpack men garnered their highest finish since 2011, coming in 17th.

The NC State women scored 280 points to finish eighth, with one runner finishing in the top 40. New Mexico won the women’s competition by 15 points, with four of its seven runners finishing in the top 14. 

The men’s competition was dominated by North Arizona, which won by a whopping 53-point margin and had three runners finish in the top eight. The Wolfpack tallied 455 points for the 17th-place finish, and placed three runners in the top 80.

Sophomore Elly Henes was the most impressive member of the Pack, as she crossed the line in 20:07.62, good for a 32nd-place finish. It was a big improvement for Henes, who finished in 159th at NCAAs in 2016. With the top-40 finish, Henes garnered All-American status, joining both her parents as All-Americans from NC State in cross country.

Behind Henes were sophomore Bethlehem Taye, who finished 54th with a personal-best time of 20:22.23. Rounding out the NC State women were redshirt-freshman Dominique Clairmonte who came in 58th, redshirt-junior Rachel Koon in 82nd place, junior Ryen Frazier who took 150th, freshman Isabel Zimmermann who placed 169th and redshirt senior Alyssa Rudawsky who finished 210th.

For the NC State men, redshirt senior Aubrey Myjer and freshman Ian Shanklin led the way, finishing back-to-back in 74th and 75th place, respectively. Myjer crossed the line in 30:28.31 in his final collegiate race, with Shanklin finishing .33 seconds behind his teammate.

Junior Elijah Moskowitz also had a top-100 finish for the Pack, running the 10-kilometer race in 30:37.66 to finish in 95th, a 148-spot improvement from his 243rd-place finish in 2016.

Rounding out the Wolfpack men were redshirt-freshman Joe Bistritz who finished 137th, redshirt-junior Patrick Sheehan in 158th, redshirt-sophomore Ben Barrett in 188th and junior Philip Hall who placed 238th.

The strong finishes at NCAAs wrapped up another strong season for the Wolfpack, especially for the NC State women. The Pack women won both the ACC Championship and NCAA Southeast Regional on their way to NCAAs. For the men, a third-place finish at ACCs and fourth-place finish at regionals led the way for the strong showing at NCAAs.