Women's Golf Graphic

The NC State women’s golf team finished 13 out of 16 teams with a score of 3-over par at the UCF Challenge at Eagle Creek Golf Club in Orlando, Florida for its first tournament of the spring.

Leading the way for NC State was junior Monika Hartl, who finished in a tie for 12th, with three consecutive rounds of 71. It was the sixth top-20 finish of her career and her first of the season.

Freshman Natalie Armbruester finished 47th but brought home a new career-low 54-hole score of 220. Next for NC State was freshman Inja Fric, who finished tied for 55th after a final round of 72 saw her move up eight spots on the leaderboard. 

Rounding out the golfers competing for NC State, were sophomore Lea Klimentova, who finished tied for 73rd, and freshman Pilar Berchot, who finished 87th.

Competing as an individual for the Wolfpack, was senior Mim Sangkapong. The Thailand native finished tied for 28th with an even-par score of 216. In her final round, she shot a team-best score of 69.

Kent State won first place in the team competition, while Renate Grimstad of Miaimi took home the individual honors.

NC State will be back in action Feb. 9-11 when it travels to Rio Mar, Puerto Rico, for the Lady Puerto Rico Classic hosted at Rio Mar Golf Club.

Staff Writer

I’m Will Thornhill, a staff writer for the Technician’s sports department since March of 2019. I am in the class of 2022 at NC State, with a double-major in Sport Management and Communication Media.