WBBvsMiami_MooreTeamTalk_NF.jpg

Head coach Wes Moore tals to his team during a timeout. The Wolfpack won a 70-68 thriller over No. 15 Miami on Sunday, March 3 in Reynolds Coliseum.

The top 2020 recruit in North Carolina, forward Elle Sutphin, has officially reclassified into the class of 2019 and signed her National Letter of Intent to play for NC State, where she will enroll in August.

Sutphin, a five-star recruit who was ranked 39th nationally by ESPN in the class of 2020 recruiting rankings, was named to the 2019 USA Today All-North Carolina Team in 2019 and led East Surry High School to the 1-A state championship game this past winter.

Once she arrives in Raleigh, Sutphin will join a recruiting class that features five-star wing Jakia Brown-Turner, five-star forward Jada Boyd, forward Camille Hobby and guard Kendal Moore, and is ranked seventh in the country by ESPN.

During her time at East Surry, Sutphin averaged 21.9 points and 9.3 rebounds per game, and was awarded a spot in the North Carolina East-West All-Star Game, where she led her team with 17 points. 

“We’re really excited to add Elle to an already stellar recruiting class,” head coach Wes Moore told GoPack.com. “She is a long forward that can go inside to post or rebound, but she also possesses guard-like skills that make her a versatile scorer.”

The Pack’s best recruiting class in program history will join a team that is fresh off back-to-back Sweet 16 appearances and is returning five key contributors, including superstar sophomore Elissa Cunane, redshirt senior guard Grace Hunter and senior guard Aislinn Konig. In addition, the Wolfpack is getting back graduate guard Kaila Ealey who missed all of last season with a knee injury.