Elliott Avent

Head coach Elliott Avent and the rest of the team stand with hands across hearts for the national anthem prior to the 8-3 win over UNC-Chapel Hill at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park on Tuesday, April 17, 2018.

The NC State baseball team welcomed 11 new players to the Pack9 family in the early signing period. Seven of the 11 players are from North Carolina, which includes three players from the Dirtbags showcase organization.

Cooper Porter 

Porter is a 5-foot-11, 160-pound middle infielder from Cedar Grove, NC that went to Orange County High School. He played his showcase ball with the Canes Southwest Premier 2020. Perfect Game gives his grade a nine out of 10. In his junior year at Orange, Porter batted .355, with three home runs and 28 RBI’s.

Jake Harwood

Harwood is a 6-foot, 190-pound shortstop and right-handed pitcher from North Carolina baseball powerhouse Whiteville High School that has won five state championships since 2012. Perfect game has had his fastball velocity up to 87 mph at Perfect Game events.

Drew Fletcher

Fletcher is a 6-foot, 184 pound right-handed pitcher and shortstop from Butner, North Carolina who goes to Falls Lake Academy. Harwood’s fastball has reached 90 mph at Perfect Game events. In his junior year at Falls Lake, Fletcher batted .558 with seven home runs, and had a 0.60 ERA in 35 innings pitched with 68 strikeouts.

Tristan Sipple

Sipple is a 6-foot, 185-pound left-handed pitcher from Middletown, Ohio who goes to Madison High School. According to Prep Baseball Report, his fastball has been up to 89 mph. Sipple played for the Midland Baseball showcase team.

Eddie Eisert 

Eiseert is a 6-foot-2, 195-pound shortstop, third baseman and right-handed pitcher from Fairfax Station, Virginia where he attends Bishop O’Connell High School. Perfect Game ranks him the No. 1 third baseman in the state of Virginia for the 2020 class. Eisert played his showcase baseball with the Stars Baseball organization.

Trey Cooper

Cooper is a 5-foot-11, 195-pound left-handed pitcher from Randleman High School in Randleman, North Carolina. Cooper in his junior year struck out 114 batters, in 48.1 innings pitched, for a team that reached the 2A State Championship. Cooper played his showcase ball for the Dirtbags organization, and his fastball has been up to 89 MPH at Perfect Game events.

Garrett Payne

Payne is a tall frame at 6-foot-7, 180-pounds as a right-handed pitcher from Charlottesville, Virginia where he attends The Miller School of Albemarle. In 41 innings pitched in his junior year, Payne had a 3.59 ERA and struck out 42 batters. Payne played for the Invaders Baseball showcase organization, and his fastball velocity has topped out at 90 MPH at Perfect Game events.

Matt Kemp

Kemp is a 6-foot-1 180-pound middle-infielder, who is also from Randleman High School in Randleman, North Carolina. In his junior year at Randleman, Kemp batted .366, with five home runs and 37 RBI’s. Kemp played his showcase ball with the Dirtbags. 

Coby Ingle

Ingle is a 6-foot-2, 180 pound right-handed pitcher from Reidsville, North Carolina who attends Rockingham County High School. Ingle dominated in his junior year on the mound, pitching 62.1 innings, while posting a 0.79 ERA and striking out 105 batters. Ingle played showcase ball with the Canes National organization, and his fastball has been up to 92 MPH at Perfect Game events.

Connor Monroe

Monroe is a 6-foot-2, 175-pound right-handed pitcher and first baseman from Pfafftown, North Carolina where he attends West Forsyth High School. Monroe played his showcase ball for the Dirtbags and his fastball topped out at 92 MPH at Perfect Game events. Perfect Game ranks him the 498th best player in the country for the 2020 class.

Carson Falsken

Falsken is a 5-foot-10, 170-pound middle infielder from Newbury Park, California where he attends Newbury Park High School. Falsken batted .259 his junior year, and had a fielding percentage of .916 in 119 total chances in the field. Faslken played his showcase ball for the GBG Marucci showcase organization.

Staff Writer

I’m Will Thornhill, a staff writer for the Technician’s sports department since March of 2019. I am in the class of 2022 at NC State, with a double-major in Sport Management and Communication Media.