University Police Press Conference

University Police Chief Jack Moorman gives an update on the investigation into three reported cases of sexual assault in Wolf Village in July.

Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman won’t pursue charges against five first-year NC State football players in connection to sexual assault allegations filed by three women at party in Wolf Village on July 21.

“Our office has undertaken a detailed review of the information provided from the investigation conducted by North Carolina State University police,” Freeman said in a statement released Friday. “The evidence does not support moving forward with a criminal prosecution.”

The District Attorney’s office say they reviewed the statements of those involved and statement of other witnesses, university security video footage, messages between the parties involved and consulted with toxicology experts.

Antoine Thompson and Kevince Brown have been dismissed from the team, as previously reported by Technician. Isaiah Moore, Erin Collins and Xavier Lyas are suspended from competition while the school Title IX investigation continues.

"As we have said throughout the investigations into these allegations, we respect due process," Athletics Director Debbie Yow said in a statement. "The student-athletes will remain suspended from competition until the conclusion of the University’s continuing Title IX investigation."

Freeman also clarified the necessary aspects for conviction in her statement.

“Under North Carolina law, a conviction for second degree rape or sexual battery requires a finding that force was used in the commission of the assault and that the assault was against the will of the victim, or that the victim was mentally incapacitated, mentally disabled or physically helpless at the time of the assault,” Freeman said.