Radar Online

This Week:

Tai Chi in the Garden at the Gregg

Gregg Museum of Art & Design 

Thursday, July 11, 6 p.m.

Free

The Gregg is hosting Instructor Imari Colón from East Cloud Kung Fu for an evening of relaxing Tai Chi.

La Cueva Underground Latin Dance Night

Imurj

Thursday, July 11, 8:30-11:45 p.m.

$8 (Cash Only) 

18+

Pedro Paz and Juan Matta will be leading a night of Latin Dancing in Imurj Thursday night. With plenty of dance room and a relaxed atmosphere they will be doing Kizomba, Bachata and Salsa dancing. There will be a full bar and multiple deejays at the event.

SkillPop Floral Watercolors Workshop

Dove & Olive Mercantile 

Monday, July 8, 6:30-8:30 p.m.

$35

An evening of painting watercolor flower bouquets will be led by Ashley Triggiano at Dove & Olive. This event is great for those who want to get into watercolor painting, as it will teach simple techniques for beginners. Supplies will be provided for those who can’t bring their own. 

Movies in the Garden: Mary Poppins Returns

RLT’s Louise “Scottie” Stephenson Amphitheatre 

Thursday, July 11, Food Trucks at 7:00 p.m., Movie starts at 8:30 p.m.

Free

The Raleigh Little Theatre will be showing Mary Poppins Returns in their outdoor amphitheatre. There will be a pre-show a scavenger hunt. The food trucks Cockadoodlemoo, Mr. Mongolian and Jay’s Italian Ice will all be selling food at the event as well. 

This Month:

Young the Giant + Fitz and the Tantrums

Red Hat Amphitheatre

Tuesday, July 16, 6:30 p.m.

$19 - $252  

Young the Giant and Fitz and the Tantrums will be performing at the Red Hat Amphitheatre. Get your tickets before they are sold out. 

One Giant Leap Festival

North Carolina Museum of History

Saturday, July 20, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Free

The North Carolina Museum of History is hosting a festival to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. There will be indoor and outdoor crafting events, activities and demonstrations to participate in. There will also be a bungee jumping station where attendees can experience what it’s like to be weightless.