• September 2, 2015

Through a tiny lens - Technician: Home

Through a tiny lens

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:00 am

Students came out to the Craft Center  Saturday morning to participate in the second annual Pinhole Camera event. A pinhole camera is a container that has gold paper with a pinhole in it, where the light goes through the pinhole onto a film sheet. The film sheet acts like a negative in a typical film camera. The shot takes the form of the shape of the container.

During the event, Thursday and Friday afternoon were devoted to people coming to the Center to build their cameras. The participants were asked to bring in any type of container to be used as a camera. All shapes and sizes were brought in — from a recycled tissue box, to a spam can, to a pumpkin. Saturday, students were taught how their cameras work and how to use the dark room. The winner of the challenge will win $100.

In Brief

• UNC officials defend controversial course on 9/11

Chipotle will be expanding its delivery services to colleges to include NC State. The Chipotle Mexican Grill announced a partnership with the delivery service Tapingo to provide more than 40 colleges food on demand coming this fall. NC State is the only university to get the service in the Triangle. 

• Suspect in crime spree still at large

Detectives have obtained arrest warrants charging Kendrick Keyanti Gregory, 21, in connection with three cases. He is charged with assault wit…

• Hillsborough Chipotle to offer delivery service