-- The Baha'i Club actually began in the '70s at N.C. State

-- While there are 6 or 7 in the club now, the club at UNC-Chapel Hill is much larger, because the campus there has a larger Baha'i concentration.

-- Baha'i is the second-fastest growing religion in the U.S.

-- Area wise, Baha'i covers the second most countries and territories after Christianity.

-- There are 6 million Baha'i worldwide.

-- There are no clergy in Baha'i; administration is handled by an elected body called Spiritual Assemblies in a community of nine or more Baha'i.

-- While Baha'i believe in individual investigation of the truth, there are a few guidelines they follow, such as no drugs or alcohol, as well as other rules recorded in their religious texts.

-- The Kitab-i-Aqdas is the book of laws for Baha'i, and in Arabic it's title means "the most holy book." It was written in Arabic, a more structured language, so there would be little room for interpretation. Other Baha'i texts, however, were written in Persian, because it is a very poetic language and these revelations were more spiritual in nature, requiring personal interpretation.

-- Baha'i has it's own calendar. It consists of 19 months, each month holding 19 days. There are four intercalary days left over that are used for celebration and service before going into a 19-day fast. Those four days are known as Ayyam-i-ha, meaning "days of joy."

-- Regular prayer is expected, and in addition to the three daily prayers, there are plenty of written prayers to pick from as well as open communication between believers and God whenever one chooses.

-- Before praying, believers must practice ablutions, which is the cleansing of the hands and face as a form of preparation so that one may be more spiritual during prayer.

-- There is no day of sabbath; practicers believe every day is a day to praise God.

-- Members of the Baha'i faith believe in progressive revelation.

For more information about the faith itself check out at bahai.org or the NCSU Baha'i club at http://www.ncsu.edu/stud_orgs/bahai.

SOURCE: Omead Ahdieh, Dominic Scimeca and Tenea Miller